The Township of Ignace is working with our local health experts and emergency management team to address impact of COVID-19 pandemic. We are taking the necessary and appropriate actions to respond on a daily, if not hour by hour basis. We are committed to continuing service levels where possible with safety of both Township staff and our residents as our priority.
The following Township buildings and facilities are closed to the public until further notice:
- The Recreation Centre
- Ignace Public Library
- All Outdoor Recreation Facilities
- All Trails
- All Burning Permits suspended
The following services are operating and modified to suit the situation:
- Council meetings are being held virtually.
- Curbside collection for residents and commercial
- Water delivery
- Cemetery burial arrangements
- Bag tags available at Shoprite
Play Structures Now Open
Dear Community members,
Please be advised that play structures are now open for public use. However, using the play structure does increase you and your child’s risk of exposure to the COVID-19 Virus
It is recommended when using the out door play structure to:
- Sanitize or wash hands prior to entering and upon leaving the play area.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet from others not in your social bubble.
- You must provide your own sanitizer and/or wipes for personal use.
- Bring your own toys (Sand toys – pails shovels, trucks, etc.)
- If the adult or child are feeling sick PLEASE DO NOT use the play area.
- All children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter. Stay safe, stay healthy!
-The Township of Ignace