Thinking about getting married? In Ontario, you must have a marriage license legally start your new life together.
Individuals can visit the Township office to obtain a marriage license. Before visiting, ensure that you and your partner meet the criteria below:
- Download and print the marriage license application form directly from the Ontario Ministry of Government Services' website
- Make sure both partners sign the application form before attending in person.
- Either partner may attend in person and make application.
- The marriage application form must be signed by both parties and presented with two pieces of original valid identification, as outlined below, for both parties in order for a marriage license to be issued. Copies will not be accepted.
- If you and your partner have included all the required information, your marriage license can usually be issued the day of your visit.
- A marriage license is valid for 90 days from the date it was issued.
Marriage License Fee: $111 (HST Exempt)