Strategic planning is a long-term, ongoing investment into a process that will ultimately make the Township of Ignace more attractive to residents, investors and tourists and ensure the viability and sustainability of the community. A Community Strategy sets priorities and directs the efforts of the municipality in order to help grow and sustain the community and its local economy.
This new 2019-2024 Township of Ignace Community Strategy builds on the achievements of the previous Strategic Plan and Marketing Plan while also providing new initiatives to move Ignace forward into the future.
The 2019-2024 Community Strategy:
- Provides goals and outcomes for community development in the Township
- by directing the Township to build a vibrant community that is a safe, caring and attractive place to live and do business
- by creating a community where people have and embody a strong sense of pride
- Provides goals and outcomes for increasing business investment into the Township
- through the creation and attraction of jobs
- through the identification of new economic development investment opportunities
- Provides goals and outcomes for increasing tourism investment
- through identification of existing regional assets and amenities sought by visitors and industry operators by acknowledging gaps in available tourism services
- by identifying opportunities for new tourism product and enhancements to existing tourism products
- Provides goals and outcomes for marketing and communications
- through various digital (website, social media, etc.) and traditional (print) marketing options
- through building relationships and partnerships